The theme is built on Twitters Bootstrap for the underlying UI framework, meaning it’s a fully responsive WordPress theme and will automatically adapt your content to look uncluttered and elegant on desktops, tablets, and mobile phones. One unique feature in the theme is the SEO Box which allows you to see and edit a live preview of what Google will show when you post or page is returned in search results. Some of the other cool features in Standard 3 include: an options page for layout and style customization, built in maintenance mode, activity tabs, various custom widgets, social icons manager and more.
- Mobile Theme Ready – The theme is built on Twitters Bootstrap for the underlying UI framework. This means that Standard 3 will detect mobile devices – both phones and tablets – and display your website / blog in a mobile optimized view.
- Child Theme Ready – Standard now fully supports child themes. Child themes can be created that are built on top of Standard so that when we update Standard, changes are not overwritten.
- Activity Tabs – The Activity Tabs widget is a brand new widget designed and developed for Standard 3. It will allow you to display your most recent posts, most commented posts, most recent comments, and most used tags. This will display as a tabbed widget with whatever configuration / combination you desire.
- Influence Widget – It has completely re-written the Follower Count widget, rebranded it the Influence Widget, and have introduced the ability to incorporate your Facebook fan page in addittion to your RSS subscribers and Twitter follower count. We have also built in native caching and the strongest failsafe mechanisms we have ever written, so influence counts / numbers will no longer unpredictably crash to zero when a third party API fails.
- Automattic Code Review – The code that is running on WordPress.com was vetted, critiqued, and approved by Automattic. It follows WordPress’ best practices and the WordPress coding conventions. This version of the code laid the foundation for Standard 3.
- Search Engine Friendly – Preview how your post will look in Google live as you create the post! Standard has self-educating SEO features for beginners. Also, we hired SEO consultant Joost de Valk to review our theme and we implemented almost every one of his suggestions. This results in the greatest amount of SEO possible without using additional plugins.
- Social Icons – Rather than having to request certain social icons to be included with Standard, or modify files to create your own, we have included a Social Icon Manager that allows you to upload your own icons, set URL’s, sort / reorder, and delete.
- Advertisements – It have moved all advertisements into widgets that can be dropped in any of six widgetized areas. All advertisements are managed from within the widget themselves – images are uploaded and linked using the WordPress Media Uploader. Ads can be placed in the header, sidebar, between the post content and comments, or in three footer widget columns.
- It’s WordPress 3.4 Ready
- Has full WordPress API Integration
- Improved Author Profile Management
- Tighter Integration with Documentation
- Policy Templates